Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Autism Heroes Poster Competition
- The Promoter is The Autism Association of Western Australia Inc. 215 Stubbs Terrace SHENTON PARK WA 6008, ABN: 54 354 917 843 Telephone Number (08)9489 8900
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If there is inconsistency between these terms and conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Autism Association of Western Australia shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- The Autism Association of Western Australia also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Who Can Enter:
- Entry is open to primary schools located in Australia. Employees or representatives of the entrant school may enter the competition on the school’s behalf where prior permission is provided by the school’s management. Schools must enter the competition by submitting posters completed only by individual students or groups of students. Posters must be the work of Primary School Students who attended the entrant school at the time the poster was developed. Prior permission of the Student/s and their parent or legal guardian must be sought by the entrant school in order to be able to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to Enter
- The competition commences on 4/2/19 at 00:05am AWST and concludes on 25/10/20 at 11:55pm AWST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time. No entries will be accepted after the closing date and time.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Autism Association of Western Australia, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including correspondence not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the correspondence due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. Entries must be submitted via the autism heroes website autismheroes.autism.org.au entries via any other means may be deemed invalid and may not be accepted at the discretion of the promoter.
How to Enter
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Entrants may enter the competition by: Completing the online entry form on the Website: autism.org.au All details in the form must be entered including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number and e-mail address to complete their entry. The entry must also include the submission of a poster via online upload in file formats: jpeg, gif, png, or pdf of sufficient resolution to be clearly visible on a computer screen as deemed appropriate by the promoter. Image file sizes must be a maximum 10MB The entrant is liable for any and all costs or expenses that they incur in entering the competition and that they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the competition. The costs of accessing the website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the original work of students attending the entrant school. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
- any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
- any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
- any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
- The entrant agrees that they have all necessary rights to provide the intellectual property to the Promoter All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: A set of 5 different printed Publications developed by the Autism Association of Western Australia – This will be a selection of publications based on availability of stock and will be selected from (but not limited to) the range of publications available as viewable and in stock on the Autism Association of Western Australia’s online shop at: https://www.autism.org.au/product-category/publications/ during the time of the competition. The Promoter reserves the right to make the selection of publications and will not be the choice of the entrant. The prize is to the approximate retail value of $120-$175 based on the publications available.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Winners and Notification
- Winners will be chosen, from all entries received and verified by Promoter by an adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected upon notification. The prize may be delivered to the winner via post if this is deemed appropriate by the Promoter.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The winner’s name will be published on the Autism Heroes Website and Autism Association of WA facebook page.